Friends of the Copper Queen Library
The Friends of the Copper Queen Library
PO BOX 516 | Bisbee, AZ 85603
President: Joan Reichel
Vice President: Sara Curtis
Secretary: Cathy Clifton
Treasurer: Carol Lokey
Members at Large: Nicole Hansen | Mary Jane Bank | Kathie Muserelli | Mike Normand | James Coull
Board Meetings are held the second Monday of each month at 5 PM in the Young Adult Room of the Library.
Annual Altered Books Show and Silent Auction Fundraiser
Always the last Saturday in August, this Silent Auction showcases the creative spirit of artists from around the area who transform books into beautiful works of art. From wall hangings to sculpture, this show always seems to amaze.
A Message about Altered Books 2020
This year’s Altered Books Show will by on Saturday, August 31, 2019 from 5 - 8 PM at the Central School, 43 Howell Avenue in Old Bisbee.
Annual Chocolate Tasting Fundraiser
Bisbee's commercial and home bakers donate 1000's of pieces of chocolate delicacies for ticket holds at this every popular event, now in it's 29th year. Guests also have a chance to participate in a Silent Auction and throw their names into a Raffle, as well.
This year's Chocolate Tasting will be on Saturday, February 8, 2020 from 6 PM - 9 PM at the Central School, 43 Howell Avenue in Old Bisbee. Tickets are $15.
The Friends of the Copper Queen Library is an all-volunteer, 501(c)3 organization that supports the library by purchasing library materials and sponsoring activities and events, which include, but not limited to:
- Preschool Story Hour, every Friday morning at 10:30 AM
- Summer Reading Program, Wednesday mornings in June and July
- Arizona Humanities' Lecture and Travelling Road Scholar Series
- Feature Films and Documentaries screened at the Bisbee Royale every second Wednesday of the month
- Freewrite, a ten-week creative writing workshop facilitated by James Coull @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
All Memberships to The Friends of the Copper Queen Library include a subscription to their quarterly newsletter, Among Friends. All new and renewed memberships are listed in the newsletter. Sustaining Memberships include your name on the Sustaining Friends Plaque displayed in the Library.
Many Volunteers are needed to help The Friends in their two big fundraisers, The Chocolate Tasting and Altered Books Show and Silent Auction. And The Friends' Bookstore can always use volunteers to work a shift or two a week.
Click here for a Volunteer Form
Click here for a Membership form
Memberships are as follows:
- $10 | Individual Membership
- $25 | Family Membership
- $50 | Supporting Membership
- $100 | Sustaining Membership @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The Friends' Bookstore
The Friends' Bookstore is located on the first floor of the Library Building by the elevator. Gently used books, DVDs, music CDs and more are available for purchase. Donations are welcome, depending on shelf space. All proceeds of the Bookstore benefit the Copper Queen Library.
Hours generally follow the Library's hours.